Sunday, January 5, 2014

Techno Junkie...

Okay so I admit I'm a techno junkie. I love all kinds of gadgets. Like many people this New Year I said I really need to work on getting into better shape. Before school got out for winter break I noticed one of the PE teachers was wearing one of the new fitness monitors on her wrist and I asked her about it.



She has the Jawbone Up pictured on the left. The Jawbone is durable and syncs to both android and IOS devices. It is water proof and comfortable to wear. However it does not sync wirelessly. It records steps taken, calories burned and how well you sleep.







The Nike FuelBand has been on the market for a while now and it's most recent update has added a colorful display. But if you are an avid android user you are out of luck with Nike as it is IOS only. However it does sync wireless through Bluetooth. 








The newest arrival to the market is the Fitbit Force. The Force tracks steeps taken, calories burned, quality of sleep, and stairs climbed. It syncs data wirelessly via Bluetooth with PCs, Macs, iPhones, and compatible Android phones. Plus it acts as a watch as well. It is also comfortable to wear. Needless to say this is the one I choose to purchase.





I will have to let you know how it is going in a few weeks or months time but so far I do like the way it feels and the information I'm getting from the Fitbit. Only time will tell if it really make a difference in my overall health. If nothing else I will be able to tell you how many steps I take every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment