Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bravo Lake Botanical Garden Berry Tasting 2012

Having lived in the Central Valley of California for 11 years today I discovered a wonderful gem of a place the Bravo Lake Botanical Gardens in Woodlake. The garden is a mile long winding path of roses, sunflowers, fruit trees, and cactus. It's an agricultural botanical garden which fits the cultural of the farmer life of the Central Valley of California.

Today the garden held a special Berry Tasting event. The cost was $5 for adults and $2 for children. Students from University of California Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center were on hand manning booths with samples of blueberries, blackberries, plums, apricots, nectarines and peaches grown at the research facility. You could pick blueberries and find the type you like best and then fill a container to take home for $2.

I'm glad I did not eat breakfast before going because I was full from sampling all the fresh fruit by the time I left the gardens. I can guarantee I will be back again next year for the Berry Tasting. But I will not wait that long before I visit the gardens again.

For more information click BRAVO LAKE BOTANICAL GARDEN
























No comments:

Post a Comment